Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Please, More Mickey Mouse House, Please?

First post of April! I'm on a roll!

Oh how we are loving having Disneyland passes! The first week of April we went again, this time with my brother, Scott, my sister-in-law, Robin, my niece, Wiggles, my nephew, Monkey and my mom was able to come too! Brian had to work 1/2 day, so he met up with us after lunch. It was a fun day!

But it was also an exhausting day! It is hard work going to Disneyland as an adult! Austin can bounce around for hours upon hours and I'm ready for a nap by noon! This trip, I made it about 4 times harder on myself. My mom and I got to the front gate with the kids and I realized my pass was still on the center console of the car! So mom went in with the kids to meet up with the others and I literally sprinted back to the car, so that they didn't have to wait on me!

Then later, when Brian got there, I went to move his car from the parking lot into the parking structure, thinking I could use my parking pass (which didn't work twice in a day, unfortunately!) I didn't want to miss out on the fun, so I ran to the car, then ran back to meet Brian when I realized he didn't give me the parking ticket, then parking the car and sprinted back to the park!

Despite all the unintended exercise, I managed to stay awake the whole day and had so much fun with my family! It had been more than 10 years since my mom had been to Disneyland and she loved being there with the grandkiddos!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


We did a couple new things this trip!

Austin had never been in the Tiki Room before. He was mesmerized!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Austin asked repeatedly to go on the big white boat (the Mark Twain) so after lunch we made plans to go. But McKenna took the opportunity to fall asleep in the stroller and I couldn't take the stroller on the boat, so I stayed on land, while the rest took a cruise!

When the boarded the boat, they were invited up to the wheel house to help steer the boat! Robin got some great pics of them each at the wheel and Scott got some with my camera from the back.



Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug









Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Austin talked about the big white boat with the choo-choo bell for days!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Austin got to go on the Matterhorn for the first time. During the ride, I couldn't tell if he was enjoying it or not. He had a death grip on my legs and looked like he was in shock! When it ended, I asked him if he liked the ride and he started frantically babbling and I couldn't understand what he was saying. I thought "Oh no! I totally scarred my kid by forcing him on this!" And then I caught a couple words "Ooh ooh aaah ahh" & "Roar!!" He was trying to tell me all about the big white monkeys (abominable snowmen!) that went "roar!" Turns out he loved the ride! He still talks about the big white monkeys!

I wasn't able to get a picture of him, but I did catch one of the other part of our group. Monkey is in there, he's just a little short!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

More cute pics from the day...

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug





Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Robin got some cute pics from the day too. Check them out here and here!

No comments: