Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

On the Hunt!

Last year, Austin and I had plans with friends to go to the Irvine Park for their annual Eggstravaganza. And then I went into labor with McKenna on the exact day we had plans to go! No matter how much I wished away the contractions so I could still take Austin hunting, my little girl still kept a'coming!

So I really wanted to make a point to go this year and thankfully, our usual partners in crime were able to join us! We had a full day of hunting for eggs and riding ponies, hay bales & trains. It was a good day!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


I was pretty happy with the egg hunt. They had a 8 egg rule to guarantee each kid got at least something, but other than that he could pick up whatever was on the ground. Austin definitely didn't come away with $4 worth of candy and stickers, but he had fun and that was all that mattered. At the very least it was a good practice run for the real deal on Sunday! As soon as they yelled go, our kids were off...in opposite directions. So we don't have any pics of the boys hunting together.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I love this pic. Only my kid would try to open a door with signs that say "Danger" & "Keep Out"!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Rebecca got a cute shot of Austin with some of his loot! Blow up glasses. He thought they were awesome!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Next on the agenda was a tractor pulled hay bale ride. Everyone loved it. The kids especially liked it every time we went over a speed bump!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I love this shot of me and my loves that Rebecca caught!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


After some lunchy munchies, we took a quick photo op. You gotta wear bunny ears for Easter! The kids were less than cooperative, but Rebecca managed to get a good one!


And then we finally let the kids on the train. We had used it as a "carrot" to elicit good behavior throughout the day and they had earned it!

Of course, no one was as excited as Jack!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

But as always, Austin loved it too! He kept up his usual "Choo Choo!" for most of the run.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And McKenna LOVES wind in her face, so she had more of a ball than I thought she would!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


We had planned on the train being the last event of the day, but we had a little more time and I knew Austin would love a pony ride. So we squeezed that in too! The kids spent some time getting acquainted with the ponies.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

As usual, Austin got down to their level and said "Hello!"


I made the decision to let Austin ride a trotting pony rather than a walking pony. I'm not sure it was the best idea, although he had a blast! I don't know if it was because he was tired or if he just has a unique style of riding horses, but he went completely loosey-goosey as the horse trotted along! I honestly thought his head was going to bobble off! He was giggling the whole time though, so I know he had fun!

A little man on a big horse!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

You can see how much he bounced around in these quick videos. The guide kept looking back at him - I think she was afraid his head would fall off too!




Excellent day! But it wasn't over yet. Stay tuned tomorrow for how the day ended for me!

No comments: