Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve!

Christmas Eve was a little different for us this year. We went to Christmas Eve service, as usual, to worship with our church family. Brian led worship and did an amazing job. Such a great service. We took some family pics there. I already posted these pictures on Christmas, but I love them so much, I can't help but post them again!



Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And a new one of Grandma & the kids
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


And I have to show off McKenna's dress once more. When I found out I was having a girl, I instantly had visions of all the Christmas and Easter dresses I would get to buy! I don't know why those are so important to me. Maybe because growing up a bit of a tomboy, those were the main times I remember dressing up and not hating it!



For the first in my life we missed Christmas Eve with my mom's family. It was so weird to miss! But it was out in Corona and by the time we got out of church and out there, it would have been almost over and waaay past our kids' bedtimes. So we had to make the hard decision to make a cut this year. That left us trying to figure out what our new Christmas Eve might look like! We opted for homemade lasagna, thanks to Grandma, and sandwiches & dip from Giuliano's for our fancy dinner! We watched Veggie Tales' story about Saint Nick, let the kids open one gift each, finished setting up the plethora of presents for the morning and then hit the hay early. It was a really low-key evening but was nice! Different, but nice!

All set up! We, along with Grandma, may have gone overboard, just a bit!




No comments: