Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

(Christmas) Tree (Lights)!

I love how many different traditions we have at Christmas! One of my favorites is Mexican food & Christmas lights with Brian's mom. For those of my readers that aren't from the South Bay, there's an area of town referred to as Sleepy Hollow that goes above and beyond when it comes to Christmas decorations. Partly we go because it's pretty and partly we go to see how they've managed to go bigger than the year before! Plus it's just fun to walk around with other people celebrating the joy of Christmas! We try to squeeze in a trip at least once during December.

We went last year but Austin didn't quite understand what was going on, so this year I tried to get him excited about Christmas Tree lights ahead of time. I would point them out as we'd drive through town and he quickly caught on that they were something neat to see. However, he insisted on calling them "tree!" rather than "lights!" even when there was no tree. I figured that was close enough and let him enjoy the "trees!".

He particularly liked the Choo-Choo, of course!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And he was very very excited about "Tootles!"
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

It was so cold! We had those kiddos bundled up cozy cozy!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

My sweet McKenna full of joy, as usual! Seriously, seeing her all snuggled and smiling behind that binky made me all warm and cozy myself. Love that girl!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Two of my favorite displays
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


No comments: