Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I've Had Better!

When McKenna was about 5 1/2 months old, I started noticing her taking an interest in what I was eating. Even to the point that one day, she took a peach slice out of my hand, stuffed it in her mouth before I could protest, and started sucking and chewing away on it!

So I thought that even though it was a little earlier than I had originally planned, she might be ready for solids. She surprised me, however, by being thoroughly uninterested and even fairly adverse to what we tried to feed her! We started with oatmeal cereal and when that was clearly not a winner, we moved on to sweet potatoes, and when that was clearly not a winner, we gave a last ditch effort on peaches, thinking maybe she took after me and would always be excited about something sweet! Yeah, not so much.

Happily and patiently awaiting whatever Mom & Dad have in store for her. Such faith!













In the end, she was interested in one thing... the spoon!


After such a lack luster performance, we opted to take a little time before attempting solids again. We waited another month and still had about the same result. But we kept at it from that point on, having at least one or two meals a day. She's just now, at almost 9 months, starting to eat more than a few bites at a sitting! Apparently, she just enjoys the good ol' home grown kind of food rather than anything else!

No comments: