Pages

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Where the Heck are My Fireworks?!

I was so excited about the 4th of July this year! We had so much fun last year and I was really looking forward to both of my kids getting to enjoy the fireworks again! And then a few weeks ago, my bubble was totally burst when someone informed me about Torrance cancelling their fireworks show due to budget cuts.

I'd like to say that I'm glad several people got to keep their jobs in lieu of me getting to enjoy my favorite part of our country's birthday celebration, but to be completely honest...I'm really not that nice of a person!! I want my fireworks, gosh darn it!!

There were a few other shows in the area but I couldn't talk Brian into the big crowds at the beach Redondo show and we didn't know where to go for other ones. Fortunately we got invited to a party at our friends house. And ultimately, we decided that spending time with friends would be more fun than driving all over to see a few fireworks.

Just like last year, Grandma Judy got Austin & McKenna really cute outfits to celebrate. Aren't my little patriots so cute?

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And Austin got right to work playing with his friends!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The kids had so much fun helping make homemade ice cream.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

And then we all really enjoyed eating it!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Oh and we did see some fireworks. They were small but they counted.



We had such a good time. Thank you to the Courtneys for having us over!!

No comments: