Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

'Queen & Mater Movie!

A few Saturdays ago, we took Austin to his first movie - Cars 2! I'm actually not sure who was more excited, me or him! He really didn't know what going to a movie entailed, so I tried to get him prepped a few weeks in advance by explaining that it would be video on a really big TV. He caught on much quicker than I thought he would, so then for weeks anytime I told him we were going somewhere, he thought we were going to the movies! When the day finally came he was bouncing with excitement! Grandma watched McKenna so Brian & I could have a special day with our sweet boy.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


I also prepped Austin that we would get to eat fun things like popcorn and candy. He was really excited about getting to watch a video, but I think he was even more excited about the food! Such our kid! Each time you'd ask him what he was going to eat, he kept adding food items!



Funny enough, between having lunch ahead of time at Johnny Rockets and then getting grubbies at the theater, we ate just about everything on his list except for hotdogs and goldfish!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


We had left a little too much time between lunch and when the movie started, so we let Austin ride the train a few times. I love how much joy he gets out of it every time!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Then it was time for the movie! We still had lots of time before it started, so I was able to get a couple pics of him sitting in his big theater seat! He was so excited!!





He did really good for the movie. We got him a booster seat, but I think it was a bit uncomfortable. He was wiggling for the first part of the movie, but when I put him in my lap he did great for the rest of the movie. The only time he'd move was when he needed more popcorn. Which he ate a TON of!

And he loved the movie. My favorite part was when he shouted "Oh no, a shark!! Watch out!" when he saw the big boats. I was so proud that he did so good. I love the movies and I'm glad we get to take him with us!

He was exhausted by the end of the movie, as you can see in this quick pic I grabbed of him in front of the poster. He came home and slept hard!! I was pleasantly surprised he slept - I was just glad he didn't spew from all the popcorn...and chicken... and french fries...and candy...and juice...and milk!!




No comments: