Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Fearless!

It's been a while since we've gone to our ol' favorite park - Polliwog. And since my bags of old bread were piling up and my kids were going a little stir crazy, I felt we were seriously overdue to go. We've gone so many times that I don't always take my camera but I was really glad I did this day! I got to document my kids learning new stuff and getting to watch them learn and discover new things is one of my favorite parts of my job!

After feeding the duckies (which I cannot take pictures of, lest one or both of my kids go swimming!) we headed to the swings. I love how much my kids love to swing! Just the first step to many days spent of scream-inducing roller coasters! I can't wait!




Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



I have to pause here for an "Austin Funny" - As I'm putting McKenna's hair in pigtails that morning, Austin goes "Mom, mom, mom! A'Kenna's being a moose!"

On to new discoveries! I knew that my little girl was a climber, but I really had no idea she'd do as good on the playground equipment as she did! She just shimmied up everything! Pushing Austin out of her way cuz he was taking too long! She was fearless!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



That last ladder she's climbing took her one try to get up it. Then she immediately climbed up to the top of the giant spiral-tunnel slide. Probably would have gone down without me if I hadn't zipped up to catch her! I did let her go down the open spiral one without me holding her and she loved it! Didn't matter if she ended up going head first on her back, she still had fun! I love how fearless she is! Although I'm sure it's gonna cause me a good amount of stress over the next several years!

Austin had a victory of his own! He is not a fearless kid. For some reason, he has a very distinct fear of heights. Even small heights. It completely baffles me cuz he is such a total extravert and for some reason those two things don't go together in my mind. We're not sure if it's a peripheral vision thing or what, but he's always been nervous about them. I think the holes in the playground equipment that he can see through to the ground gives him problems. But he is getting braver and trying new things. This particular day he learned how to climb a ladder and I was so proud of him! At first it took a little prodding but he still tried. He was nervous but persevered! And with a little more prodding, he went down the giant spiral-tunnel slide and loved it so much, he went down about 30 more times before I had to drag him away! Going up the ladder each time! I was so so proud of him!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



No comments: