Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Armed Forces Display

Each year after the Armed Forces Parade in Torrance, they display all the vehicles from the parade at the mall. We didn't go last year, because we thought Austin would be too young to enjoy the vehicles, but I knew this year he would love it! And I was so right!
I really didn't give much thought to what kind of vehicles they would have. I figured a truck or helicopter or two, but really was shocked to see how many different vehicles they had and how cool they were!

Here's a view of some of the display from the parking structure.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Austin really really wanted to go in the helicopters, so of course we had to start with the Coast Guard one, just for Uncle Sean!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


I had to take a picture of the Tomahawk missile for Uncle Scott
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Then we checked out the Bradley Fighting Vehicle. I don't know how full grown men move around in that, in the middle of combat no less! Both Austin and I whacked our shins several times in just the 5 minutes we were inside.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


We ran into several of our friends. I got a cute pic of our buddy "N" in the Bradley too.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


I'm not really sure what this was. I thought it was just a model, but I saw someone driving it around too. Either way, Austin really liked it, particularly that it had a pirate on it.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

More helicopter! (That's just about all we heard the whole time we were there!)
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Austin & E as helicopter pilots!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Checking out the firearms on top of a Hummer!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


McKenna was less than impressed with the display, even when we let her "drive" one. But you gotta admit that she's probably the cutest thing ever to sit behind the wheel of an assault vehicle!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


I was so glad we went! Maybe next year we'll see how the kids do sitting through the parade!





No comments: