Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

There's No Crying In Baseball!

For Christmas, Austin received a T-ball set from Nani & Papa. I put it on his list because he had so much fun playing over at a buddy's house a few months and other than that he hasn't had much exposure to baseball. And every little boy needs to experience baseball!

Because we just a little yard in front of our house, there really isn't a lot of room to hit a ball without it going into the street. So we keep the T-ball set at Nani & Papa's house. They have a big backyard! So then we just had to wait for a day warm enough and dry enough to get to bust it out! Thankfully the warm weather we had in February lasted several days and we got the chance.

I was so excited. Austin was so excited. Nani was so excited. Auntie Suz & Katelyn, who happened to be there that day, were so excited!

Unfortunately, the excitement was short lived.

Now, I have to admit that I am a bit Type-A personality. I try not to, but I still have a tendency to push Austin to play with toys and play game the right way rather than just letting him play his own way or figure it out. So when he was just trying to poke the ball off the T, I tried to show him the right way to hit a ball off a T, thinking that would be more fun.

I apparently could not have been more wrong.

I'm not sure what went wrong exactly, cuz he couldn't figure out the words to tell me. All I know is that he was very very upset that we hit the ball. I don't know if he was upset that I did it for him or if he was just tired or what! But this was the result of my attempt at trying to teach my son how to hit a ball...

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



After unsuccessfully trying to get him calmed down or at least a little bit of an explanation or something out of him, we decided baseball season was over for the day and we'd try again at a later, but not anytime soon, date!

No comments: