Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Sprinkle Sprinkle

I was so excited to buy Austin all sorts of water toys this year. I had visions of him playing in a pool with a slide and sprinklers in our front yard. But then I remembered that my front yard is pretty dang small, not to mention I'd have to haul the darn thing around the house each time. So then I was going to buy a sprinkler toy and I had visions of Austin gallivanting through the water like a little gazelle hocked up on sugar. I even got all the way to the store and I remembered we had built-in sprinklers and I felt guilty spending money on something we already had, no matter how cute the one with little smiley worms that spin around was.

Thankfully Grandmas share no such guilt about buying cute little sprinklers! Grandma Judy went out and bought a very cute lady bug one and we immediately tried it out the very next day. I was hoping to wait for a warmer day, but there was no telling when that would be. Despite it being pretty chilly, Austin had a blast. Much more than I thought he would even. He likes water, but really doesn't like it on his face. That didn't seem to bother him this day. He immediately went up and started batting at the water. There was running through the sprinkler, but he still got plenty wet and had a blast. My favorite part was that he would get cold and silly and come running over to me and hide behind me. Then I'd shout "Go Go GO!" and he'd run back and bat at the water some more, giggling. He's such a funny little thing! And I'm so glad I didn't spend a fortune on big water toys! He obviously didn't need big to be entertained.



Thanks Grandma!!

1 comment:

Karen, Scott, and Jared said...

He is such a fun kid, Ang! You can't truly appreciate sprinklers until you see kids play in them. Love you guys!