Austin is getting a little chubbier, but he's still a little peanut. He lost a little bit of weight one week when we were both really sick, but he's recovering and then some!
He is learning so much though. I feel like this last month I could have recorded something new each day.
New things this month...
- I thought he was close to crawling last month, but I was wrong I guess. But I will go out on a limb and say he's really close now. He's army crawling all over the place now. From one side of the room to the other. He looks like a wounded soldier crawling cuz he only pushes with one leg. I'll post video of this soon. It very cute! Even just over the weekend he made huge progress.
- He can give high fives. It's horribly cute!
- He can clap. Although it's a very silly clap. He moves one arm and keeps one still mostly. It looks more like he's saying "Bravo, bravo" sometimes. He will occasionally do it on command (when you say "Can you clap clap clap?") but it's still a little hit and miss. He just doesn't like to perform on cue.
- He's not sleeping as good as he used to, but we're starting to get better again. Now that he's so so mobile it's just hard for him to calm down in his crib. He makes laps in there for a long time before settling down. I'm hoping that when he gets the crawling down the sleeping will recover.
- He has a name for Daddy. It's Bah. He will look for Brian where he would expect him to be, like at the computer and "ask" for him. This is not to be confused with what calls Boomer and other doggies. Those are "Brah" (just a hint of an "r"). Mama is still pretty clear though and he calls it very very clearly when he doesn't want to be sleeping. I'm teaching the next kid "Da Da" first!
- He's discovered Puffs, otherwise known as Baby Crack. He would eat an entire container of these in one sitting if you let them. Well, he'd attempt at least. He has about a 70% success rate of actually getting them in his mouth and if you put too many in front of him at once, he tries to eat them all at once.
- His new toy for the month was his Learn & Groove Activity Table. It was his Christmas present from Nani & Papa. It's very fun. But the darn thing eats batteries at an amazing rate. They're dead in 3 days! We've switched to rechargeable!
- He loves to sing. At least I think he's singing. He's very loud and high pitched but it's very funny.
- He graduated to a bigger boy bath. He was making a mess of my kitchen. So we're in an inflatable baby bath in the bath tub. He loves it! I have video of this coming soon too.
I'm sure there's more, but this list is getting long enough already!