Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

1st Official Father's Day!

I enjoyed Mother's Day so much, I didn't realize it would be possibly to enjoy a day that wasn't in celebration of me more! I think it's possible that I actually looked forward to Father's Day more! It was so fun to get to celebrate Brian and what a wonderful Father he is. I'm so excited to get to see Brian finally get to be a daddy.

He is so good at it too. He and Austin have so much fun together. I don't think there's anything better than seeing Austin's face light up when he sees Brian! It just melts my heart to a big ol' pile mushy mush. And even though he doesn't get to spend as much time with Austin as he'd like to, Brian is such a good daddy by working his tail off to provide for us and allow me the opportunity to stay home with Austin. There's nothing more I could ask for!

Thank you, Babus, for all you do for Austin and me! We love you lots!

So how did we celebrate? What would Father's Day be without the traditional golfing presents. (Brian doesn't have to wear a tie to work, so he'll safely avoid that traditional present) Austin and I found him an attractive, yet somewhat loud, kinda silly golf shirt. Brian came this close to getting really really ugly golf pants instead, but Jemery wasn't positive Brian would wear them. (Although Brian just informed me he would have! Now I know what to get him next year!!)

Brian also got a gift card for a couple rounds of golf, so he can shake off work stress with some good male bonding time. Uncle Jemery has an equally loud golf shirt, so Brian will have someone to look silly with!

After presents, we got some yummy lunch at Rocky Cola Cafe.


Don't they look cute together??


And then Brian had to get to church to practice with the band. After church we stopped at my parents' house to wish my Dad a Happy Father's Day and my mom a Happy Birthday.


Happy Father's Day, Papa!


Happy Birthday, Nani!


And one more cute pic of Father & Son, just for good measure!

No comments: