Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

More Prayers Needed - This time for Kayleigh



I don't think my heart can take any more! First Stellan and now this! I'm so sad for this family. Read Adam's latest post for more details, but it looks like Kayleigh may have suffered some kind of terminal brain damage. Things were looking so good for her!

For those of you that don't know, Kayleigh was due the same month as Austin, so I've "known" her parents since early pregnancy on Baby Center. She was born 3 months early and has fought valiantly to overcome all the issues that come with being one of the world's smallest micro-preemies. She was actually on the road to be going home very soon.

It sounds like there is a chance that this is just a reaction to some medication. Please pray that is the case! This is so unexpected!

On the Stellan front - he made it through surgery and is recovering well. The surgery was only a partial success and they're in the "wait and see" phase to see how well it worked. His extra pathway was too close to his AV node to remove it without permanently damaging his heart, thus requiring a pacemaker. So for now they're just seeing whether they got enough out to keep his SVT at bay. Please continue to pray for him too!

I'm going to go kiss my little boy now and be thankful we don't have anything even close to this to deal with. This sure gives you perspective, doesn't it?

1 comment:

Weston and Merrick said...

How I ended up on your blog? I was randomly looking at Kayleigh's blog, which was a link of one of my friends sites and somehow saw this little photo of "the Crowleys" on the side... I thought no way was it you! Your son is so darling, I'm so glad I was able to find your link!
Hope you guys are well and miss all of our family at Life.
Love,
Ali Ash