Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

My Sweet Firstborn

In the same way that he looked huge the day we brought McKenna home from the hospital, Austin seemed to grow a foot the day we brought Bella home too! I made sure to take some cute pics and video of my firstborn in June to contrast against the littleness of my newborn!

I sure love this kid!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Austin had just recently become obsessed with legos. He is amazingly good at following the instructions all by himself. He has a great attention span (when he wants to!) and very good problem solving skills and attention to detail (again, when he wants to!). This was his first real "big" set though that he put together. He was so very proud of himself!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
(I love McKenna's photobomb in this pic. Love her excited face!)


I took this video of him because there are just a few words that I always want to remember how my kids say them. For Austin, "granola" is one of them. I have a few more that I captured later months, but those will have to wait. He pronounces it "gralola" and I just think it's the cutest! And he also has a really silly way of saying "recycling bin" that I just love.



About this time, he figured out how to spell his name too. He still says it with the same inflection and he still spells it to just about everyone he introduces himself to.



In July, he went to VBS. On his packet of info for the week was a bible verse that they were going to focus on and I thought I'd see if he could learn it before the week was over. I was so impressed that he was able to! He's a little hard to understand but he knows it. "Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. Hebrews 10:23"




No comments: