Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

2 Months Already!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

New this month...

So many smiles! Oh how I love her smile! We have already graduated from little ones to full body wiggle smiles. I can tell already that she's going to be a joyful little thing! We've gotten a few giggle precursors I think. Those will be coming soon I'm sure!

She really is the happiest baby! She hardly ever cries. Only if she hasn't pooped in forever or if she's just crazy crazy over tired. And being overtired is really quickly remedied with a swaddle, her blankie and a binkie. She just snuggles in like you've given her what she's been craving forever and then her eyes roll back and she's out cold in seconds. I love how snuggly she is. If I lay down with her to help her fall asleep, she wiggles until her face is touching mine.

The only time she doesn't go to sleep easily is if she's having some reflux. And then she has a hard time settling down still. We've done a few tummy naps as last resort. So far it's not nearly as bad as McKenna's was, so we're holding off on meds. She only struggles every few days. I've been putting her down inclined on a pillow and that has been helping a ton.

She is consistently sleeping 6-8 hours a night too! (I'm afraid to say it outloud, for fear she'll stop!) Seriously hit the baby jack pot with this one! I've tried waking her up to feed her and she won't. But since she's gaining weight fine, the dr didn't see a problem with it! I don't know if that's how it's going to be or if she is still just a sleepy little newborn, but I'll take it and be thankful for it while I can!

She had her 2 month well baby check on Friday and is a healthy little thing! 12 lbs 8oz - 85% and 23.75" - 95%! She's a full 2 pounds bigger than McKenna was at her 2 month check up!

Her hair still sticks straight up. It's starting to lay down a teeny bit right after a bath, but eventually boings right back up. I haven't really attempted to tame it. I love it just the way it is! And what is growing in new is really dark still. Both of the other kids had dark hair at birth, but lightened up almost immediately.

Her eyes appear to be staying blue, but who knows! Austin's didn't change for 6 months. She also appears to be getting the same eyelashes as Austin. I think his eyelashes with McKenna's eyes would be awesome!

She loves her big sister and big brother! Which is good, cuz she has to put up with them no matter what! She is incredibly patient with the pokes, hugs and squeezes and baby talk from both of them. And she gives them the best smiles with they talk to her. I can't wait for all three of them to be such good buddies!

No comments: