Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Happy Daddy Day!

Brian is such a wonderful daddy! And both of his children adore him! And we had a fantastic weekend showing him how much we all appreciate him!

I taught Austin how to sign "Happy Father's Day". Well, we call it "Happy Daddy Day" since Austin doesn't really know the word "father". Um..now that I'm blogging this, I realize it didn't occur to me to take video of him doing it! Woops. Well, it was cute. You'll just have to take my word for it, I suppose!

Since Brian was leading worship for church on Sunday, we did the bulk of our celebrating Saturday. We went with my parents and Brian's mom to ride the trains at Wilson Park. You can ride these little miniature trains on the 1st Sunday & 3rd Saturday of every month and that just happened to coincide with Father's Day! This was Austin's 3rd experience with trains in June and pretty much cemented his obsession love of choo-choos! He had a blast! And so did we! Such cute little trains. I particularly liked the one with a steam engine. It's neat that they could do that on such a small scale.



In that last pic you can see that Austin was also particularly fond of the donation box. Dang near cleaned Grandma Judy's wallet out, he liked it so much!

That night for dinner we took my parents out for BBQ at a place my mom had read about. It's called Gus's BBQ. It's in Pasadena, which is a bit of a drive, so my Mom and I kept Austin entertained from the backseat. Nani taught him how to do a silly smile - tilting his head and shrugging his shoulders. I think we did that for the whole hour ride!



McKenna & Papa at dinner


We like to try to keep the actual day for just our little family, so Sunday the kids and I took Brian out for lunch at his favorite restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory.



Happy Father's Day, Brian! We love you so very much! Thank you for all you do for us!!

No comments: