Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

3 Months!

Aw I'm in love! This month has been so fun. We're starting to see personality start peeking through little by little. McKenna is going to be a fun kid, I just know it!





New this month...

Last month's favorite milestone was smiles. This month's is giggles! I heart baby giggles!! They aren't quite abundant yet - you kinda have to work for them, but you can get them more and more each day.

But you no longer have to work for smiles! She's so much more liberal with them these days! Still such a sweet smile. Melts me! I think the best part of my day is when she wakes up - it takes her a few seconds for her eyes to focus and lock in on me, but when they do, she breaks into the best smile! Like "Oh, I know you!! Seriously, best part of my day! She wrinkles her nose when she smiles big too. It's horribly cute. And I'm not biased at all. =D

She's still a momma's girl, but she's becoming more and more social all the time. She regularly lets other people hold her for more than a few minutes at a time! She really only fusses if she's getting tired. And even better, she let Brian comfort her a few weeks ago when she was upset. Huge step in the right direction! Don't get me wrong - I love that she's attached to me, but I think it's a good thing that she's comfortable going to just about anyone too. Makes separation anxiety issues easier down the road, I think.

McKenna is not too much of a fan of tummy time. I think it has more to do with lack of opportunity. When she's done eating in the morning, we promptly try to get out of the house, so Austin can have some run-around-like-a-crazy-boy time at a park. So we aren't home during her awake times very much. I'm trying to make it more of a point to find little bits of time, cuz I feel like she's behind some on her tummy skills.

She's a good little roller. Austin roller just once or twice when he was about 6 weeks old but then didn't roll again until he was 5 or 6 months. So I wasn't too shocked when McKenna did the same around 6 weeks, but I was when she kept doing it. She rolls over about 1/2 the time you put her down for tummy time. The other 1/2 of the time she just buries her face in the blanket and starts fussing when she's done.

She loves bathtime. She splashes around happily the whole time and loves it when you dip and splash her feet in the water while you're holding her.

Such a good sleeper! She's up to 7 or 8 consistently at night. She goes down around 9 and then gets up around 4 or 5. Then she goes back down until 9ish again most days. Afternoon naps haven't been as long as before, but I think she's trying to get enough to eat so she can sleep longer at night. She does seem to need

She just started to play with her toys. She's batting, kicking and grabbing up a storm. I took her to a scrapbooking retreat this weekend and I think she saw Sammy playing good and decided to step it up!

She is technically bypassing the old-man hairline, but you kinda can't tell! Most of her baby hair has fallen out on top and she's growing a good amount of new hair. However, all the new hair is very light colored, so when you look at her from a bit of a distance, your eye really only sees the dark hair in the old-man hairline pattern. If you look at her upclose, face-on, you don't see the dark hair and it looks like she has lots of hair! She's a little optical illusion. She still has a good bunch on top that sticks up pretty good too. She's always having an interesting hairday! Poor thing. I have no hair skills to pass on to her either!

She's not as excited about being swaddled anymore. She likes having the option to stretch her legs. Looks like we might start phasing out the swaddling in the next month or two.

I feel like she's just now acknowledging Austin's existence. Or really anyone other than me. She watches him play and giggles at what he does. I think she realizes he's not horribly careful, so she usually has a look of "oh please don't poke me in the eye or step on me" when he's near her! But he does make her smile as you can see in these bonus pics!





Austin insisted on being in the Pooh pics too!



No comments: