Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

Birthday Cakes - Pan & Cup!

For Valentine's Day, my mom has the tradition of making us french toast with heart shaped cut outs in the middle. Now that I have my own family I thought it would be fun to start my own special day traditions. So I've deemed Birthdays to be heart-shaped pancake day. Austin seemed to enjoy the tradition's inaugural event!

Waiting somewhat patiently for his pancakes


Little hearts for a little guy


Despite the look on his face, he really was enjoying them!



After his pancakes, Austin got a birthday cupcake. Rebecca and I did a birthday cake test run in prep for his birthday party, so he got a mini cupcake to enjoy! I was hoping he'd get the taste for frosting and cake so that he has an impressive cake smashing experience at his birthday party. He didn't quite seem to know what to do with it at first, even though he's had frosting before. I think he was all filled up on the pancake to really get into it. But after some help from Daddy, he figured it out.

Taking a dainty taste test


Daddy encouraging a sweet tooth


"Ooh, this is yummy!"


Getting the hang of it


"Do I have something on my nose??"


No comments: