Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Summer Fun - Aquarium of the Pacific

Summer Fun with our friends continued with a trip to the Aquarium of the Pacific. My children love fish so I knew they'd have fun.

We got to the playdate crazy late. I know, I know...you're shocked! I was actually totally going to be on time, for a change. Honest! And then 1 exit before getting there, I realized that I left our lunch on the dining room table. I could have just bought us lunch there (for an arm and a leg) but I knew they wouldn't have anything for McKenna to eat and I had spent good time and energy making that lunch! So I had to turn around, sit in traffic to get home and then head back.

So by the time we met up with our buddies, they had seen just about everything! we saw a few tanks with them, ate lunch and then played in the splash pad with them and then they all had to go. Then we spent the rest of the visit by ourselves. A bit of a bummer but we still had a great time. You can bet I remembered to bring our lunch on the next playdate!

Unfortunately, it also meant I had very limited chances to take pictures of our friends. But I got a couple to share.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The aquarium just recently got a few Hammerheads and "H" (who's 4) was fascinated with them. I was just impressed that a 4 year old knew what a Hammerhead was! They were pretty cool though.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

The kids had so fun at the splash pad. And by fun, I mean they all got drenched!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



Well, except "L". He just wasn't having it! Instead he very cutely and patiently stood by and watched the other kids get drenched.


After our friends left, we went to the touch pools. Austin petted a shark! I was so proud of him. Even more proud that he didn't fall in either!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


And then we visited the birds. Austin did a great job feeding them and was calm even when they nibbled on him. However he did not like it when one decided to use his head for a perch. It's hard to run away from something that is attached to you!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


No comments: