But seriously, where is the time going? My baby boy is on the downhill slope to 1 year old! His birthday will be here before I know it!
New things this month..
- He's an official crawler! He still army crawls every once in a while, but for the most part he's only on hands and knees. The main catalyst was seeing Logan Cook crawl around at church with perfect form. Logan is almost 2 months younger than Austin, so I think that was a small blow to his little ego. The next day he seemed determined to figure out legitimate crawling.
- And he is crawling everywhere! And He is into everything! We've had to ghetto-baby-proof our house. What does that look like? A bunch of pillows blocking things he can't have. We need to find a better way to keep him from pulling on cables that run along the floor and keep him from behind the TV. Unfortunately, our family room is laid out in a way that makes it difficult to keep him just in the TV area. So for now we're just keeping a close eye on him.
- He has his first tooth! Just barely though. You can feel it with your finger, but can't quite see it clearly. It took nearly a month of teething to come through. Thankfully it only seem to bother him off and on.
- He loves to play with pots and pans. He'll crawl over to the cupboard they're in and pat the door until you get them out for him.
- He can pull up on furniture and stand holding onto it for long periods of time.
- He can clearly say "up". And he's babbles Dada now.
- He's getting really good with finger foods. Mac&Cheese are pretty slippery so he doesn't have a good success rate with them, but he's getting better.
- He loves animals. He gets really excited when we go outside to see Herb, our cat. He's not horribly gentle but we're working on that.
- He rough houses with Brian. He's way more aggressive with him than he is with me. It's so very cute to see them play together.
- He got a big boy carseat! He easily had outgrown his infant seat. So now he's in a fancy-smansy combo seat. Although, he won't be forward facing in it anytime soon. I'm thinking when he's about 15! I've seen too many crash tests.
- He is very anti-clothes & diapers this month. 9 out of 10 diaper and/or clothes changes becomes a crying and wrestling match. And going commando is not an option given his propensity for peeing on things!
- He still gets funnier and more fun everyday! It is so neat to see the things he discovers each day too!