Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

1 Month Pooh Pic

Time for round 3 of Pooh pics!

So far our first month has been pretty great! My recovery from her birth was amazingly smooth. I was so surprised by how good I felt! Which was such a blessing, since taking care of three kids and still trying to make progress on putting our house together since the move is a lot of work!


Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We are in love with our new little Bella. She's a sweet, cuddly little thing already. At birth she looked a lot like McKenna cuz of the chubby cheeks, but as the swelling went down some, she's more Austin. She does have the same cheek bones as McKenna though. It makes her a good combination of the two. McKenna and Austin are so different personality wise - it will be interesting to see if she's a mix between the two that way also.

Bella is a really great sleeper for the most part. I thought Austin sleeping 6 hour stretches at 4 weeks would be hard to beat, but she's been doing it consistently since 2 weeks! Thankfully she's also a pretty good eater, so I'm pretty sure she's getting enough to eat. She seems to have a little issue with reflux but I'm not positive. I'm keeping a close eye on it because that really affected McKenna's eating, but so far I don't think it's too bad. She's not as great of a napper and I think that's where the reflux is getting her.

So far she's a pretty relaxed little thing too. She puts up with McKenna's constant attention fairly well and only fusses a little when she's tired. The only thing that really gets her going is when she is gassy or hasn't pooped in a while.

Austin was a master pooper. There was no diaper that could contain that kid. He pooped out of the diaper every time he pooped and he pooped everytime he ate for the 1st 4 months. McKenna wasn't much of an explosive pooper, but she was the tooter. Neither spit up hardly at all. Probably less than 5 times each. Bella does all three! I have already cleaned up several worse explosions than I think Austin ever did. She's a bit of a gassy little thing. And she's definitely a spitter. I'm not used to having a spitter. I finally figured it out to take changes of clothes for me rather than just for her.

She's been a sleepy peanut, but she's starting to wake up and get some personality. I can already tell that I'm going to adore her smile! I can't wait to see what the next months have in store!


No comments: