Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Big Boy Horses (Kinda)

A few months beforehand, I asked Austin what he wanted to do for his birthday and he was adamant that he wanted to ride horses for his birthday. He'd say "I'm three! I'm big! I ride horses!" I'm not sure if he was remembering riding them for his 2nd birthday or if he was remembering riding about 6 months earlier for Easter. Either way, what the birthday boy wants, the birthday boy gets!

His actual birthday was on a Monday, so we scheduled Sunday as a family celebration day with a trip out to Irvine Park and lunch out.

Irvine Park has two kinds of horses - walking ponies and trotting horses. You have to be 3 to ride the trotting horses. So when the lady asked us if he was 3, I proudly answered "Yep! Tomorrow!" Apparently, 1 day makes a difference. Since he wasn't actually 3 yet, they wouldn't let him ride. Me and my big mouth! I really didn't think a day would matter. (Back at Easter, I knew 6 months would and fibbed (okay, lied!) then) So my poor birthday boy was relegated to the walking ponies. Fortunately he was (nearly) 3 and oblivious and really didn't care about what horses he rode, as long as he got to ride something! He thoroughly enjoyed his pony rides and McKenna did too! It turned out to be a great day, despite the momma guilt that I ruined his bday!

Hello Horsey!
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

McKenna was so cute. She just kept petting the horse the whole ride, saying "Hi Nay!!"
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


Afterwards, we went to BJs for lunch. Austin was so excited about his very own pazookie. Heck, who can blame him? They're yummy!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


No comments: